In the video, Dr. Misner tells the story of a gentleman who took a very intentional stand on how he responded to the depressed economic climate in the early 1990s. He wore a button that exclaimed, "I refuse to participate in the recession." The gentleman said it helped him focus on doing what was right and necessary to be successful in his business (real estate) rather than being consumed by the doom and gloom poured out by the media.
It made me think, are there things we could refuse to do to help us keep our eye on the real prize. Just a few possibilities...
- I refuse to hold a grudge
- I refuse to commiserate, gossip, or engage in any non-constructive conversation
- I refuse to over-consume (food, electricity, gas, gadgets, the list goes on)
- I refuse to stand idly by when I witness a wrong
- I refuse to ____________ (you fill in the blank)