Monday, August 8, 2011

The $5 million gift

Manna on Main Street received an incredible gift last week, with the accompanying note:

To All the Good People at Manna on Main St.

Please accept this small gift along with my apology for the meager amount. I would like to help your cause more than this as I truly believe in you. However, I also, like so many these days, have been out of work since March/April of 2009. I have often thought of you for help in getting by, but thankfully have managed on my own thus far. After all, there are always people in far worse conditions than oneself. However, the important thing is knowing you are there, for all, any time. That in itself is reassurance which I cannot convey in words.

Thank you for being there.

J.

There was a crumbled $5 bill in the envelope; a fortune...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When given with a heart of gratitude, even a seemingly small gift is a priceless treasure.