Monday, March 7, 2011

Voices from the Crowd

Sometimes, passing a microphone around in a crowd can be a scary proposition. One never knows what a person might say and how long it will take them to say it. This past weekend held a pleasant surprise. It was during a faith-based service at a local retirement community. She was an elderly woman and wanted to share her experience in dealing with Manna. "I think about Manna as a Miracle on Main Street. It was a miracle that they fed me and helped me with my rent until I could get into a place I could afford on my own. I am blessed to be where I am now, but I don't know where I would be today without Manna..."

Later she commented that she was nervous about standing up in front of everyone, but she felt she owed it to Manna, to the community, so that everyone knew how her life had been changed...

No comments: