Monday, August 30, 2010

Back From Vacation

A few of Manna's clients were sitting around the table, discussing their summer activities:

  • My sister lives in Oregon, so I flew up to see her and the kids. It was great, having the chance to reconnect with family.
  • Since my husband left a few years ago, the kids and I have never gotten away, so we spent the last week at the shore. We rented a small condo, went to the beach and got to relax for a change.
  • I retired 25 years ago, so to celebrate, my wife and I went to the Virgin Islands.
Obviously, this is absurd. Our clients never really get a vacation or the opportunity to recharge. For them, it is an unending, relentless saga - worrying about food, their health, often wondering if they will have a bed to sleep in for days to come...

No comments: